Self Awareness

Moderator: Jedi Council

Project Armonia

Self Awareness

Post by Project Armonia » Tue Apr 08, 2014 6:08 am

Being aware of yourself in the sense of how you perceive yourself and how others perceive you is vital to whether or not you can help others. If you are the type that simply cannot get along with others, you might be better off serving others in a logistical setting.

Assignment 1:

Please refer to https://www.myss.com/free-resources/sac ... rchetypes/ for a complete list of archetypes. Eeryone has the child, victim, Saboteur and Prostitute in their circle of 12. Below is an example of how to complete this assignment, if you are unclear on how to do so.

Ellen Merrit's Eight wrote:
Addict-I am a compulsive shopper, working on ending that habit - and tend to eat the wrong kinds of foods. Again, working on losing weight. I am also addicted to other people's approval and will tend to do or say anything I can to get it. Honest!

Angel (Fairy Godmother) - I tend to work with the angelic forces and grant "wishes" to people

Child - I most strongly identify with the wounded child, as I was separated from my mother for 10 weeks in an incubator (fear of abandonment instilled) and teased by my classmates for developmental delays. On some level, these scars have never healed.

I also identify with the Divine Child because my mom told me that when I was born she prayed that if I would live, she would give me to God. he rest is history.

Damsel (Princess) I grew up on fairly tales and while my dad didn't spoil me, he did and does regard me as "Daddy's little girl". This whole section sounds like my life.

Dilettante (Ameteur) - I love ballet (can't do it at all due to CP but I love it), and love singing and visual arts, playing the autoharp and so one. Don't do any of it well, but I like to dabble.

Exorcist (Shaman) - I have confronted demons in myself and others, and other people have called me a shaman.

Guide - I have devoted 13 years of my life to the FA, mentoring students and passing along my spiritual knowledge as best I know how.

Wounded Healer - this description resonated with me.

Prostitute - everyone has this one

Rescuer - I tend to want to rescue Mark a lot.

Saboteur - Everyone has this one. Mark says I sabotage him frequently, and perhaps I do.

Victim - Everyone has this one

There is a great deal more about the archetypal wheel and the chart of origin that is explained in her book Sacred Contracts but I think that just the archetype exercise as outlined above is sufficient for self-awareness. It is up to the individual student to decide whether or not to get a copy of the book and study it.

Ellen
Assignment 2:

The first assignment is about how you perceive yourself. With this assignment, explain how others perceive you (you might have to talk with others to get a better idea of this). Is that a good thing or a bad thing for the role you want to play in service to others? If it is a detriment, identify what strategies you think might help you improve your reputation.

Project Armonia

Re: Self Awareness

Post by Project Armonia » Tue Apr 08, 2014 7:38 am

Lesson 7