Rickie's Holocron

Moderator: Public Forum Moderators

Pelar

Re: Rickie's Holocron

Post by Pelar » Wed Feb 15, 2017 6:40 pm

Vandor wrote:I have considered it and from now on will respond more.
I also have decided that responding to you in a thought provoking manner does no one any good, so when I do respond it is understood that it will not provoke thought within you.

Translation, given your cop out over the quotes I recently put in front of you and your request here. Request denied
You don't want a response, don't post.
With all due respect Vandor, this is the Holocron forum. I think it's pretty widely accepted that if anyone specifically requests that no one posts in their Holocron - that request should be honored.
Moreover, as a moderator I probably have an obligation to remove posts from one's Holocron if they ask it.
Not sure if there's a formal policy in that regards, but it seems common sense.

Vandor

Post by Vandor » Wed Feb 15, 2017 6:57 pm

Pelar wrote:
Vandor wrote:I have considered it and from now on will respond more.
I also have decided that responding to you in a thought provoking manner does no one any good, so when I do respond it is understood that it will not provoke thought within you.

Translation, given your cop out over the quotes I recently put in front of you and your request here. Request denied
You don't want a response, don't post.
With all due respect Vandor, this is the Holocron forum. I think it's pretty widely accepted that if anyone specifically requests that no one posts in their Holocron - that request should be honored.
Moreover, as a moderator I probably have an obligation to remove posts from one's Holocron if they ask it.
Not sure if there's a formal policy in that regards, but it seems common sense.
Where it might seem common sense, the reality is much different.

I will refer you to the policy forum:

viewtopic.php?f=38&t=6315

And the recent discussion I started because I saw such did not exist:

viewtopic.php?f=58&t=9830

No policy exists. Shame it only seems common sense to you when it benefits your ideology and not when I actually try to make such common sense. Ah well.

So if you do delete any of my posting, you will do it within the guidelines which do exist and then you will post them within the disciplinary so that they can be properly dealt with. And you better make sure you don't misuse your authority when you do it.

I probably know them better then you do and how to work within them.
Let me start...
Light Aspect Master
"To find out who rules over you, simply find out who you can't criticize."- Voltaire

Rickie

Post by Rickie » Fri Feb 17, 2017 6:00 pm

I'm going on vacation for a week in a few hours. Sun, sand, surf, views, read, walk, eat and sleep. "I" like doing what "I" want when "I" want to. "I" have a new underwater camera to try out.
Courious place is't it. Have a nice day. :D

Vandor

Post by Vandor » Fri Feb 17, 2017 8:49 pm

Rickie wrote:
David wrote:
Rickie wrote:I attempt to keep my ego moderated and under control.
Famous last words. Your ego gets stroked in thinking that it has your ego under control. Nothing more, nothing less.
You and Vandor are invited crap post here anytime you feel the need. :lol:

I prefer to do it here.

Afterall... I kind of like watching Pelar act macho.
Light Aspect Master
"To find out who rules over you, simply find out who you can't criticize."- Voltaire

Vandor

Post by Vandor » Mon Feb 27, 2017 3:14 pm

Rickie wrote:
I prefer to do it here.

Afterall... I kind of like watching Pelar act macho.
That says a lot about you.
Tell ya what.

Stay out of the trash with me and I will leave this area alone except to post constructively.
Trash me, I will copy it to here and respond.
In return, I will just focus on me and not return this favor when you trash others.

If it is truly something you wish to avoid here in your holocron, agree with me.
Don't and well. It goes both ways.

Problem being, you have not been a very constructive contributor here at the site, no matter who has tried to reach out to you, you always go for the garbage instead of engaging constructively. Why you should be allowed to have this one area not be garbage is akin to having an area you can run back to and hide from the crap you throw around. Kind of 2 faced if you ask me.

This is the only reason why I come here. Otherwise I do respect others holocrons. But you respect nothing. So why expect it in return?
Light Aspect Master

Rickie

Post by Rickie » Mon Feb 27, 2017 6:26 pm

I'm thinking all this aspects thing is a personality preference thing. The pressing need to assert one's view on and criticize others is nothing more than self validation. Defending one's beliefs publically because you're not sure of yourself. This is probable meta so I will say this about me. I find defining me as a particular aspect limits me. I'm not: light, dark, or shadow. I am all of that plus and I'm OK with it. If I need to be one thing or another I'll be that if it serves me and when it doesn't it doesn't. That is my problem with some discussions here. I can't see some points of view. After a bit of time I don't want to. The are limiting, immature, stubborn, ego serving points of view (personality assertion) not worthy of my time and energy. I expect more of me. I allow myself to be free and as expansive as I am capable of now and able to grow to be. Some may not understand this and that is OK for them but not for me.

Vandor

Post by Vandor » Mon Feb 27, 2017 6:51 pm

Rickie wrote:I'm thinking all this aspects thing is a personality preference thing.
Excellent, I appreciate honesty. This is more in line with you then the idea you actually wanted to be apart of any aspect.
The pressing need to assert one's view on and criticize others is nothing more than self validation.
The only question being what does each individual wish to be validated on? I do not agree with your analysis, but in order to come to these perspectives, it is healthy to explore them to 'A' logical conclusion. Self validation at a web site is rather un-meaningful unless it equates to better then what one might experience outside of the site. But honestly, that begs the question, if this site truly is full of people who only come here for themselves and not to help others... then why are you here? Unless you do believe their are people here willing to help another?
Then it comes down to if you are willing to receive that help... and I believe this is your hangup. Which brings the circular thinking back to you are expressing your own presence here. You are here for self validation. Perhaps not solely nor do you recognize it. Reality is, you imagined it, so it speaks to what goes through your mind.

Defending one's beliefs publically because you're not sure of yourself. This is probable meta so I will say this about me. I find defining me as a particular aspect limits me. I'm not: light, dark, or shadow. I am all of that plus and I'm OK with it. If I need to be one thing or another I'll be that if it serves me and when it doesn't it doesn't. That is my problem with some discussions here. I can't see some points of view. After a bit of time I don't want to. The are limiting, immature, stubborn, ego serving points of view (personality assertion) not worthy of my time and energy.
And yet you still exert the energy. To be clear, you do not exert it so as to better understand the points of view. But you do exert energy applying personality to those who put it forth without a frame of reference. Which serves you poorly.
I expect more of me.
And you do it all so that you can make this argument... but honestly, what do you expect of yourself? To be a poor judge of others or to better understand them? By putting aside perceptions of others, you might find yourself understanding an individual better... or at least being able to see their position better through asking a question here or there.
I allow myself to be free and as expansive as I am capable of now and able to grow to be. Some may not understand this and that is OK for them but not for me.
The only person who limits you is yourself. To give others that ability is to give it to them willingly.
Light Aspect Master

David

Post by David » Tue Mar 21, 2017 2:13 am

The word you're looking for is "irrelevant". Third time.
Rickie wrote:You? You're a sith.
Remember when Serius Black told Harry Potter: "We've all got both light and dark inside us. What matters is the part we choose to act on. That's who we really are."?

He was lying - to make the clueless feel good.

Nothing says "continue to be my pawn" like telling someone to have hope - like Palpatine "watching Anakin's career, intently".

The funny part? You're so dogmatically deluded that you will continue clinging to your idol even after being shown the workings of your ensnarement.
Yeah runnin' down a dream. That never would come to me.
Workin' on a mystery, goin' wherever it leads. Runnin' down a dream.

Rickie

Post by Rickie » Wed Mar 22, 2017 12:21 pm

I've been thinking about this for a while, seems to apply to me just fine:
We welcome those who choose to follow one of the three Aspects as well as those who prefer an alternative road, regardless of religious, cultural or ethnic background.

Rickie

Post by Rickie » Thu Mar 23, 2017 1:01 am

David said...
Very few things here are as you think
I've taken that to heart, it explains a lot of things around here.

It may be the best thing David has ever said to me.

Some don't like that. Thank you David.

Rickie

Post by Rickie » Thu Mar 30, 2017 5:22 pm

I am the person responsible for my destiny and I prefer it that way. No one cares about me better than me. If I make a mistake, I accept responsibility, fix it and learn from it. I hate hearing people make excesses and allowing themselves to be victims of circumstances. They're avoiding responsibility to themselves and trying. Believing If they don't try they don't lose, never realizing that's the very definition of a loser. I can tolerate and even be proud of someone that tries, fails and try again but have little patience for those that don't.

I was talking to a friend yesterday and he commented he's never seen anyone have so much shit happen in their life handle it so well. I said thank you, I'm a lucky guy.

David

Post by David » Thu Mar 30, 2017 5:30 pm

Demonstrate.

Vandor

Post by Vandor » Fri Mar 31, 2017 3:04 pm

Rickie wrote:Re: Rickie's Holocron

Postby David » Thu Mar 30, 2017 1:30 pm

Demonstrate

Trolling my holocron to see if I'd respond to you over there? :)
No, asking you to actually be what you claim to be, it is not evident on these boards where the troll is you.
Light Aspect Master

Rickie

Post by Rickie » Thu Apr 06, 2017 3:22 pm

I'm still thinking this Jedi Community thing in just Taoism with a Star Wars wrapper. The Shadow Aspect seems to share a lot of Taoist traits. So now I have to question myself, what value would the Shadow Aspect add to my Taoist inclination?

Magnus

Post by Magnus » Thu Apr 06, 2017 7:49 pm

Rickie wrote:I'm still thinking this Jedi Community thing in just Taoism with a Star Wars wrapper. The Shadow Aspect seems to share a lot of Taoist traits. So now I have to question myself, what value would the Shadow Aspect add to my Taoist inclination?
If you are inclined to Taoism, no aspect will add anything other than what you want to see it as.
Chaos isn't a pit. Chaos is a ladder.

Rickie

Post by Rickie » Mon Apr 10, 2017 11:50 am

To understand is what's important.

David

Post by David » Mon Apr 10, 2017 1:18 pm

Rickie wrote:To understand is what's important.
How do you grow fingernails?

Rickie

Post by Rickie » Wed Apr 12, 2017 10:48 am

To write is a sacred act. It deserves more respect.

Snowy

Post by Snowy » Wed Apr 12, 2017 11:37 am

Rickie wrote:To write is a sacred act. It deserves more respect.
That is a very pretty thought, but writing is really no different than any other basic human distraction. Don't get me wrong I love writing, but it's no more special than, say, retreading tires. What makes a thing beautiful is not the act itself but the passion involved in its execution.

David working in his woodshop, Khaos' motion classes, Vandor working on his swords, it's all easily as beautiful as poetry could ever be.
If that's true, if you don't know who I am, then maybe your best course would be to tread lightly. -ww
http://www.facebook.com/sithrealism

Rickie

Post by Rickie » Wed Apr 19, 2017 3:31 pm

Given enough time the water settles and it becomes clear enough to see through. Quiet reflection has been good for me. The more I meditate the clearer the view I have of the world around me.

Khaos

Post by Khaos » Wed Apr 19, 2017 6:46 pm

Still water grows algae.

Rickie

Post by Rickie » Thu Apr 20, 2017 2:48 pm

It is useless to let self doubt enter into you mind. Confidence is vital to success. If you believe you can then you can. Distractors obviously don't share your belief so it is best to ignore them and let them go their own way.

David

Post by David » Thu Apr 20, 2017 10:36 pm

The mountain doesn't care about your relative position to the wet paper bag.

But one thing is for certain. Without the distractions of wet paper bags, we'd have nothing left to speak of than mountains - conquered or not.

Rickie

Post by Rickie » Fri Apr 21, 2017 5:26 pm

Anyone with a burning desire to post and have a discussion about my holocron please bring it over here...

viewtopic.php?f=26&t=9875&p=126621#p126621

Thanks

David

Post by David » Fri Apr 21, 2017 6:58 pm

Or... put you on the foes list so as to never be tempted to speak to you again.

You get one guess as to which has happened.

Goodbye.