Killing Time wrote:
Vandor wrote:For those of you for Mortose's return. I have spelled out what I need from her.
I am not sure what your saying here Vandor. Are you saying that at least in your case that you are open to reversing such a ban if Jennifer meets your needs/requirements?
I'm really trying not to jump to assumptions again.
Yes I am saying exactly this.
Vandor wrote:For someone who's hallmark is rigidity, I feel I have shown excellent flexibility on this issue only to see why I am rigid put forth to me like it was a box office movie.
Out of everyone in the IC, as far as I am concerned you have been the most open, the most flexible in this instance. Damn I never thought I would hear myself say such words to you Vandor ("wave cutter born of flow").
I love uncertainty (being unbalanced), it brings me back to centre.
I will state that I have the added benefit that where she was seen trying to appear light this time, the idea that she would go Light is ludicrous, so I have the benefit that I can be flexible knowing in such a situation I would only have to deal with the fallout in the abstract. Try to bring back Hannigan and you will have the Vandor everyone is used to I assure you... *Glares at Ally*
Vandor wrote:Those who wish to point fingers... go ahead, not the worst thing I have had to deal with over the last week...
Lol I get this all the time, usually it's my own doing.
Probably not the best place to ask but what else have you had to deal with lately?
Since you ask (Note I list this not for sympathy, just to give an idea)
1. A son barely moved out of the house who just learned that having a zero dollar balance in his checking account is not exactly a good idea the day of the bank taking a fee out and the day before the rent is due.
2. A daughter who like her dad is a determined SOB to the point she has to go in for surgery now due to the damage she has done to her pelvis area.
3. A middle son who thinks every morning he should lecture me about my dislike of him waking up late.
4. A youngest son who is smart as a whip and just does not get why he has to turn in homework to the point he gets "F's" for not turning it in.
5. A boss who thinks that in spite of having a team of 10 people and a general disregard for their training, that I be the one who gets called in to resolve all of the hard problems... to be clear job security at its finest... but getting stretched thinly.
6. A father who is close to his end.
7. A wife who is Mediterannean and Pagan. So a lot of fun... and can be just so wonderful (said with clamped jaw) person to debate with at 3am in the morning until time to wake up.
8. And along with a normal 40 hour work week, three nights a week where I am training 3+ hours a night not to mention my personal training regimine.
Vandor wrote:That if you put a rat in a cage, give it a button to push and everytime they push it they get an electric charge that they will learn to not press the button?
Mortose is permanently banned because she keeps pressing the button. And instead of an electrical charge, this chain and others like it pop up further cementing in my mind why she is banned.
Maybe the experimenters need to change the experimental condition?
Easier said then done, will explain later.
Vandor wrote:I mean seriously put yourself in my shoes... anyone who can imagine dealing with this for... what now? 5 years? Can look at this and think to themselves this chain persuades one like me in any positive manner?
I can understand why you, Raven and Khaos are fed up with all this crap. It always seems to leave a sour taste (guess Lao Tzu would be happy with such a result regardless lol).
Thank you all for looking out for the community. After all it is you guys in your function as IC who have to deal with and make such decisions. No doubt you would all rather be investing such time in your own busy life's.
If Jennifer is to remain banned permanently then let's just put a line underneath it and move on.
Next time she appears on the radar then remove her as quickly and silently as possible. Letting her linger here (invest her time here) is in a way kind of perverse if you ask me - make it swift and certain.
Because I respect others at this site too much for that!
To do this, I would have to look at David and state (excuse the language) 'fuck you, don't care, this is over!'
I appreciate him too much for that. Not to mention, how easy would it have been to label the likes of Rickie as Mortose and be done with him? GONE! Due diligence will always be the catch phrase because I do not ever wish to be in a position of removing someone who might not have been her. The worst thing we can ever do is do this thoughtlessly. This took time because the LA handled it and not the DA. We are slow, methodical, but accurate in the end.
Of note, this is not to say that Khaos's method is off. Far from it, I have said before and I will say it again he has been to date 100% accurate. But we also respect eachothers aspects to the point that if something falls even remotely in the others bailiwick, we let them handle it and in this case where it took longer then KHaos has in the past, the outcome was the same. The fact he is willing to stick his neck out like this (because he could have straight up owned her and been done with it) and let us do our due diligence speaks a lot to him as a leader. He had the added benefit of knowing if we disagreed, we would be on the hook for dealing with her... and well I think all can see how that would have gone?
For me I am looking to make the best of the situation either way.
We are even now looking for the best way of dealing with this. But we are talking about human beings with perspectives and attitudes... all of us (no individual)... all deserving of certain levels of respect.
"To find out who rules over you, simply find out who you can't criticize."- Voltaire