Hello from Mach

Moderator: Public Forum Moderators

MachMaro

Hello from Mach

Post by MachMaro » Mon Oct 09, 2017 3:10 am

I have been floating around force websites for many years and only recently have decided to be active and learn. I'm most interested in shadow work. Just curious where to start and how to get moving forward.

William Kaede

Re: Hello from Mach

Post by William Kaede » Mon Oct 09, 2017 6:35 am

Hiya Mach! Welcome to the Academy.

Which sites have you been on?
What now had changed that you want to start learning?
Live with some fucking authenticity. Follow your passions, there's nothing grander.

Good vibes and victory

MachMaro

Post by MachMaro » Mon Oct 09, 2017 6:42 am

Well, I lurked here every so often. Temple of the Jedi order is another. Others didn't leave an impact.

Why? My life made a turn for the worse. Medical problems leading to financial problems. More on that at another time.

I just want answers. I want to understand the universe around me. I want to achieve balance inside myself and help my world around achieve it also.

The force has always called to me. It pulled at my heart slowly. Gave me nudges. And one day I said enough. Now I am here.

Setanaoko

Post by Setanaoko » Mon Oct 09, 2017 12:51 pm

Welcome aboard. :) Feel free to jump into conversations, start some of your own, and also start a Holocron ^^
Gather at the River,
LJM Alethea

You are not powerless, you just need to get creative. -Me

Killing Time

Post by Killing Time » Mon Oct 09, 2017 2:15 pm

I much prefer the "lurkers" to those whom "stumble" in. The lurkers at least have an idea of what they are getting themselves into.

Glad to see you have stepped out of the Shadows to join our merry band of adventurers. Get in the mud and all that!

Welcome aboard Mach.
"work in progress..."

"Renovate Animos" - Family motto

><><><><><><>

Rickie

Post by Rickie » Mon Oct 09, 2017 3:34 pm

Welcome, do you do anything for spiritual cultivation?
"Very few things here are as you think" David

MachMaro

Post by MachMaro » Mon Oct 09, 2017 3:39 pm

Spiritually I have no focus, no religion. I have always had a spiritual following but it was mostly my own ideas. Recently my ideas flow to match that of the shadows here.

Grew up with freedom to discover my own religion, not forced by my mom to be anything. Unfortunately that also made it so I never identify with any one group. Makes it hard to grow when you have no roots.

So I am here to gain an understanding. Maybe a religion more attuned to me.

Rickie

Post by Rickie » Mon Oct 09, 2017 3:43 pm

MachMaro wrote:
Mon Oct 09, 2017 3:39 pm
Spiritually I have no focus, no religion. I have always had a spiritual following but it was mostly my own ideas. Recently my ideas flow to match that of the shadows here.

Grew up with freedom to discover my own religion, not forced by my mom to be anything. Unfortunately that also made it so I never identify with any one group. Makes it hard to grow when you have no roots.

So I am here to gain an understanding. Maybe a religion more attuned to me.
What is it about the shadows that you like?

MachMaro

Post by MachMaro » Mon Oct 09, 2017 3:57 pm

Balance. No duality. I live my life mostly in the grey areas of life. Not really this and not really that. I am able to meld to fit the area I am in.

I may believe I am right in my actions. But my time in Iraq proved to me a few things. What is correct is never really correct. Even science can't get everything straight.

I hate a few of my relatives, won't go into details, but to the people of Iraq (most not all mind you) that is a sin. To hate someone of your own family is unthinkable. It is without a doubt impossible for them. Family is as close to god as you can get there.

That changed my mind on a lot of things. What is correct for me isn't for you. My path is my own.

Shadow belief here seems to follow that ideal. Observation. Understanding. Noticing the changes around you and why it happens.

At least that how I read it.

Rickie

Post by Rickie » Mon Oct 09, 2017 7:27 pm

Thank you. :-)

MachMaro

Post by MachMaro » Mon Oct 09, 2017 7:33 pm

Not a problem. I'm happy to answer any questions. I want to settle into an area that fits me best.
I would prefer a trainer, someone to directly teach me and guide me easier. I'm not great at self taught and staying on task.

Raven

Post by Raven » Mon Oct 09, 2017 8:06 pm

Hello Mach,
Welcome to the FA! I love that you state outright that you're not great with being self taught. We can definitely work with that.

Please feel free to join in discussions that interest you in the Shadow Discussion forum and also take a look at the lectures in the Shadow Temple.
Located here:
http://www.forceacademy.co.uk/forum2/viewforum.php?f=12

The temple is a good place to dip your toe in the water. Also, feel free to post question about the material in the Temple in the Shadow discussion forum, your holocron (I will keep my eye on it since you are interested in the Shadows) or PM me if you like.

We also have an FA chat room if you have the opportunity to pop in.
https://discord.gg/9k8G8qH

I believe that invite link works, but if not let me know and we will get another up. :)

Once again, welcome to the FA and I look forward to seeing you around.
--Raven
Shadow Master

Your vision will become clear
only when you look into your heart.
Who looks outside, dreams.
Who looks inside, awakens.

--Carl Jung

MachMaro

Post by MachMaro » Mon Oct 09, 2017 8:20 pm

The discord link is expired.

And also I'm only seeing 3 topics in the temple. I did enjoy those reads. Also the wikipedia network has amazing works by you and a few of the other leading shadow masters (right term?).

Internet is a bit touch and go. Medical issues make it impossible to pay phonebills and internet bills. Local free net is not to far from home. I download anything I want to read and read later. I can "check in" every day or so.

I have several works already downloaded or copy-paste to a word document for later reading.

Raven

Post by Raven » Mon Oct 09, 2017 8:50 pm

I'm sorry to hear about your medical and financial problems. You are correct, there are only a couple of lectures there.

The old lectures, are in the wiki, I think.

Otherwise there are 7 located (hiding) here:
http://www.forceacademy.co.uk/forum2/vi ... &start=225

posted by Lotus
--Raven
Shadow Master

Your vision will become clear
only when you look into your heart.
Who looks outside, dreams.
Who looks inside, awakens.

--Carl Jung

Magnus

Post by Magnus » Tue Oct 10, 2017 1:57 pm

Welcome Mach
"I don't always get to do what I want, I get what I want" -Khaos

MachMaro

Post by MachMaro » Tue Oct 10, 2017 4:21 pm

Thank you all for for the welcomes. I hope to learn a bit from you all. I hope I can teach you some myself.