Chris's Training Journal

Moderator: Public Forum Moderators

Chris54

Chris's Training Journal

Post by Chris54 » Fri Jan 19, 2018 2:01 pm

Lesson 1: Done 1/18/18 at 0200
The Will of the Force
The Will of the Force is as I understand at this point in time is something that we could never fully understand but thrive to learn as much as we could about it and even use the Force to help us help it. I think at its base the Will of the Force is the Will of the Universe, as I understand it the Universe is always looking for peace. Now that does not mean no war or chaos but an understanding of why it is happening. If you look inside the human body we see it is always at war of some kind vs bacteria or different viruses just to name a few. So I think of the Force as something that as Obi-Wan said “It's an energy field created by all living things. It surrounds us and penetrates us. It binds the galaxy together.” I have looked a little into other belief systems and religions and have come to a understanding that they all come down to the same truths but one thing that sticks out is almost all of them have some kind of energy field that everyone and everything has. Some call it Kai some Qi some just call it energy or the Holy Spirit and it is all around us just as Obi-Wan said. I feel that the Force could be used to heal and harm even do great things but it is up to an individual to make of it what they will as long as it continues to serve the will of the force.

Chris54

Chris's Training Journal lesson 2

Post by Chris54 » Fri Jan 19, 2018 2:31 pm

Lesson 2: Done 1/18/18 at 2050
My Interpretation
Code of the Light Aspect
We are Jedi; Protectors of Freedom.
 It is up to us to defend the universe and all that is in from things that would try to control it.
We Respect our connected world.
 We must respect everything’s natural flow and try to keep balance.
Thus, We Serve others.
 With are actions we must always be willing to defend the needed and help people to stand. Always trying to teach and bring joy and balance to others.
By Leading through example.
 Be the best us we can be first and thru are actions and words will others start to see and feel the positive one person can do as we start to move to make our universe a better place.
By acting with integrity.
 With a strong foundation we can show that everyone can have respect and honor as we continue our path.
We stay Strong and support others.
 We must make sure that we are in a good peaceful place in both mind and body so we can help whomever we find.
We strive for growth with our actions.
 We must not stand still and always thrive to become better than we are today to better our tomorrow and must do this by continuing to learn and serve.
We face adversity with wisdom and knowledge.
 Understand your enemy and never stop learning.
We are one with the Force.
 We are a part of a bigger picture and can do are part as well as help others understand there part.
Guidance Mantra
1. Accept emotion to bring peace.
1.1. Understand and recognize our feelings so we can make sure we can keep them in line.
2. Seek Knowledge to challenge ignorance.
2.1. Thru learning we can make sure we know all that we can and should thrive to know more.
3. Temper passions to find harmony.
3.1. Control our strongest emotions/feelings to make sure we can stay within our peace.
4. Death is not the End of Life.
4.1. We will live on in our actions and how people remember use so we will live on in the hearts that we have touched.

Setanaoko

Re: Chris's Training Journal

Post by Setanaoko » Sat Jan 20, 2018 1:44 pm

:) Now that you know both the Jedi Code and have given a basis for what you believe "the Force" is- a philosophical question for you:

Many people in the past have claimed to have been visited by gods or some form of spirit, and whole religions have been launched based on the encounter. If you were visited by one such entity, how would you respond if they asked you to do so something for them? How does your response relate to the Jedi Code? Or would you ignore the Jedi Code, and follow them based on their higher authority over the universe?
Gather at the River,
LJM Alethea

You are not powerless, you just need to get creative. -Me

Chris54

Post by Chris54 » Sun Jan 21, 2018 1:51 am

I would respond by first thinking about who this god is and what they ask of me. I would take time even if they tell me I have none because I would not want to move to hastily to give me time to think about how it would affect everything. This relates to the code because with the time I would able to find the peace ( I am sure it would throw me for a loop meeting a god) within myself to help me gain the knowledge needed to make the best choice to serve all.

Chris54

Chris's Training Journal lesson 3

Post by Chris54 » Sun Jan 21, 2018 3:29 am

My Thoughts in Lesson 3
To me the duty talked about in the post should be duty that we all follow and should not be called just a Christian duty but duty we should all be taught from an early age. Duty to serve each other is the only way we could grow as a species. Duty to encourage one another is the only way we could keep each other on our feet to keep us moving. Duty to help carry burdens is a hard one because sometimes the burdens we carry make us who we are but sometimes having someone help us on the way is a good thing. Duty to pray for each other is so so with me but yes we should always keep each other in our minds as I see it. I do agree that we should always encourage others to pick up the duty as well so one day this world would be changed.
I feel that it is almost impossible for someone to serve completely selfless because of the fact that everything we do we do to better the world and we are a part of it. When we help others most the time we feel something and that something is to us because of their happiness that we helped make.

Chris54

Chris's Training Journal lesson 4

Post by Chris54 » Mon Jan 22, 2018 5:01 pm

What I would do in Lesson 4
It would be hard for me to overlook the human trafficking of the cartel knowing that the people that are being harmed could be innocent and would never have the chance to live a free life. I would try to talk to one or two of the higher ups and try to make the see what they are doing is wrong and hope that after I leave that they could make the move to stop things the way they are going. I would feel that anywhere that there is an innocent child at risk is where I would have a hard time stepping away from because without children to continue what we start what is the point?

Chris54

Training Journal Lesson 5

Post by Chris54 » Tue Jan 23, 2018 6:26 pm

Assignment 1
Gandhi and MLK and there pacifism
Both used religion to help them gain what they wanted. They took the hard road that all must walk to change the world. They both used things like sit-ins and marches that had little to no violence, they used hunger strikes as well as they stopped using things that would hurt the ones they were trying to change. Because of the ways they used they were able to bring crime rates down and in time even after they have been long dead change the world. They did what they did to make people’s lives easier bring them to an equal level with others. It showed that you did not have to be physical to do defend yourself or others
Assignment 2
Bombing of japan
Hiroshima was bombed because of military Importance’s and was picked out of 4 cities the other being Nagasaki was not the main target Kokura was but because of cloud cover the bockscar moved to the backup target Nagasaki. The only reason people think the two bombs where used where to justify a pursue of both uranium and plutonium. Kyoto was deemed too precious to destroy. I think with how much the war was costing the U.S I would have done the same thing maybe only just waited longer to see if the second bomb was needed and would have not looked to use it unless it was needed.

Simon

Post by Simon » Thu Jan 25, 2018 1:32 am

Chris54 wrote:
Fri Jan 19, 2018 2:01 pm
Now that does not mean no war or chaos but an understanding of why it is happening. If you look inside the human body we see it is always at war of some kind vs bacteria or different viruses just to name a few.
I like your thoughts on the Force. But I think it's interesting you didn't chose to include that there are bacteria and microorganisms also working in symbiosis with the body. Not only is there war with in the body, but also companionship on a level that is hardly comprehendible to the human eye.

I just thought I'd leave a comment.

Hi! I'm Simon. Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us.
"Good men are the stars, the planets of the ages wherein they live, and illustrate the times." - Ben Jonson

Chris54

Chris's Training Journal lesson 6

Post by Chris54 » Wed Jan 31, 2018 5:12 pm

By teaching a man to fish you give him all he needs to do to find balance and harmony in his self. He can be with silence in nature and learns to calm his mind and understand patients. If you give him the fish without teaching him anything then he will never learn and look for the easy way till someone or something happens to him where he has to learn but by that time it might be to late.

Chris54

Post by Chris54 » Wed Jan 31, 2018 5:20 pm

Simon wrote:
Thu Jan 25, 2018 1:32 am
Chris54 wrote:
Fri Jan 19, 2018 2:01 pm
Now that does not mean no war or chaos but an understanding of why it is happening. If you look inside the human body we see it is always at war of some kind vs bacteria or different viruses just to name a few.
I like your thoughts on the Force. But I think it's interesting you didn't chose to include that there are bacteria and microorganisms also working in symbiosis with the body. Not only is there war with in the body, but also companionship on a level that is hardly comprehendible to the human eye.

I just thought I'd leave a comment.

Hi! I'm Simon. Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us.
Hello Simon,
You are right there is a lot of things that live in companionship with in our bodies and that can not be over looked but I was trying to focus on the aspect that there is war and battles every day that we do not even see.

Simon

Post by Simon » Sun Feb 04, 2018 9:03 pm

I understand. I think that angle may be worth tying into your thoughts.

Have you read Sotunus’ recent post on his thoughts of the force?

I also want to let you know we’re relocating the Force Academt to a new site. I’ll post the url here for you.

http://www.forceacademy.us/forums/

Feel free to make a new account and transfer your journal there in the “Learner Journals” thread.

http://www.forceacademy.us/forums/
"Good men are the stars, the planets of the ages wherein they live, and illustrate the times." - Ben Jonson

Setanaoko

Post by Setanaoko » Mon Feb 05, 2018 2:12 pm

I did save your journal Chris, if you don't have the time to grab it. :)
Gather at the River,
LJM Alethea

You are not powerless, you just need to get creative. -Me